Tuesday, September 18, 2007

My Goberman

the other day i reached home to find my mom running behind something with a stick in her hand. Then she stopped and asked me where did it go. i was like, "go? wat? wat are u talking abt?" "The dog! did u see that dirty animal?" dats wen i got things rite. yeah. i had seen a pup running into the bushes with a terrified look.

my mom is unnaturally repulsive towards dogs. we had a dog once, which my mom hated all the while.

our building compound used to be a playing ground for the steet dogs in our vicinity. they used to stroll around, dirty the place with shit, and even bark at people! that's wen even i started disliking street dogs.

so wen my mom stood there with dat stick in her hand, i had little sympathy for the pup. but inherently i like puppies. this particular puppy perhaps didnt have a mother or it was deserted. so wen i saw the little creature peering from behind the trees, i couldnt help the funny playful feelings. as a youngster, i had a gr8 time with the dog we had once.

And another personality in our home who's the exact opposite of my mom in her feelings towards animals is my sister. she loves pets. especially dogs. wenever we're in the market and her sight chances upon a petshop, she starts buggin me 2 go ther. she pleads me to just come and see. and i stubbornly refuse on the grounds that we'd a bad experience with our previous pet. (we couldnt take care of it. i feel guilty about it all the while)

so this small canine visitor was a welcome sight. welcome coz street dogs usually dont need much care (as compared to pet dogs). they can fend for themselves. and the wonderful thing is that this relative lack of care and attention doesnt make them any the less friendly. this pup was given a few morsels of chapatis and that was enuf for it to wag its tail ad run behind me.

its been a few days now since its been staying in our compound. it has perhaps got acclimatized and starting relate to the new environment. dogs have a strong sense of ownership. and within only a few days, this tiny harmless creature started barking at other dogs that used frequent our place. the sight of its barking from a distance and running away only to return for another bark was outright funny. the puppy seemed to be hyperpossesive of the new home it had found. and for us, it has aroused a hope of getting rid of the dog nuisance we'd been facing for quite some time now.

and not to mention the joy of seeing a playful dog wagging its tail around u!

streets dogs are a better option for people like me who like pets but dont have the time 2 care for them. i call em Goberman. better than Doberman. hehehe ;)

its nice to have a few friends from other species, no?!!

2 comments:

nevgibhakti said...

looking at the the title of the write up i was wondering poor "GUY" is typing abt his brotherhood community cald 'BULL'. but never the less it was equally interesting to tead how r raka is trying to love the pets from a distance. one frnd of mine infact feeds buscuits to few of the stret dogs fm our visinity. infact she had named them all n calles them by their respective names which till date i am unable understand. one of tyhem is BHABHI of hers as that one seems to like her pet Brown.... so she is their black bhabhi for brown...! one with short tail n bit hybrid look is firangi for her.... n so on...
well thats the kind of pet love ppl maintain. but i have exactly opposite views on pet love... rather than i talkin abt my pet love one should ask my frnds abt my "REACTIONS' at the site of pet/ strret dogs. i am dead scared of all of them. in fact in future if at all i will register my self on some matrimonial sites then it will read something like this.....'ppl with pets need not open my profile'!
that is just my opinion n i think its hard to change.... as u hv to develop that affection as a child. not aft years when u r dead scared of their nails n teeth....
now this is a good co-incidence. as i am writing all this sitting in the cybercafe in goa... the pet of the cybercafe owner is giving me a "real wierd' looks as if he has understood all wt i have typed... so b4 he jumps on me i wl take ur leave....

Vivek said...

Hey jackal (I find it weird calling you Raka, the former is a much more identifying name for you) so you are talking about your own biradri haan........

Its no surprise you love DOGS, afterall you are one of them. LOL.

Hey personally, I dont like dogs, pets, well I only like fish, because they just roam around in the water and wont bother you.

I feel that the number of street dogs should be controlled. I really feel that their number is growing in an uncontrolled manner. They are indeed a nuisance to the society and are pretty dangerous, if you are walking on the roads late at night. They are really dangerous for people riding bikes, as they chase two wheelers and bite the rider. And for those who don’t believe me, take a ride at night and then give your opinion.

Thanks to these so called animal lovers (Maneka Gandhi and others), who I bet have never taken a walk but prefer to ride in their air-conditioned cars instead, this problem will always be there.

I don’t think we should send them to the pound, as some people do, I think that would be too cruel. The municipality had come up with a much better solution, to control their multiplication by contraceptive techniques. But even this is not acceptable to our dear dog-lovers (pun intended).

I have no problem if people have dogs as pets, provided they take care of them and are completely responsible. Their pet should not turn out to be a nuisance for their neighbours. Its similar to playing loud music, we should all restrain from it if our neighbours are getting inconvenienced. Similarly, if your dog cant stop barking, then take the dog and go to hell. I am not afraid of dogs as Bhaks is, but I would rather have roads that are not filled with strays (dogs, cats, hoggs, you name them).

Now some animal lovers will have a real problem with what I have said and may consider me to be too insensitive to animals. I got this to say to them. Hey, YOU are the animal lover, not ME. Its your passion not mine. You have no right to impose your likes and desires on me and other citizens. If we don’t like something, then we have a right to follow our wish. This is a free country (also for the human population). You are free to do what you like, provided you don’t step into others toes and bother them.

Its like being GAY. Hey, if you are gay, be so by all means, its your choice. I have no problem with that. But just because YOU are gay, don’t ask ME and everyone else to become gay. Don’t bother others, stick your community and be the way you are. YOU are the one who is that way, not the rest of the country (come to think of it, not that that would be a bad idea now, would it), whats more, its good for straight people like me, it eliminates competition. With the number of female population decreasing, (not bringing the quality factor into picture, otherwise, the population would appear to be miniscule) it in fact would be a good thing if more and more guys turn gay. Coming back to the point, don’t expect others to be the way you are. Right, we may occasionally crack the odd joke on your community. But as long as you stick to your guns, (LOL) and don’t trouble the rest, its really not an issue. I will continue to like girls (yes GIRLS) and you can continue to like you know whom.

Did I hear someone say, it’s a doggy doggy world.