Friday, October 2, 2009

Dream on. .

Ok. So the dream continues :-) But not so smoothly.

The day I my Thunder I a quite enthusiastic the new bike. The very next day I out the bike for a thundering ride. And that's when Raka realized how much weight he had gained over the years. And how weak he had become (this is a good ploy of pointing out weaknesses in Raka rather than myself. Helps me be more critical than if I the word 'me' rather than 'raka')

When I a kid, I to ride 4km each way to school. Now admittedly, I've not ridden a bicycle for around 15 years. But then the deterioration has been such, that the first day I not ride my thunder for even one kilometer! And when I home, I all drenched in sweat with my heart beating frantically, seemingly eager to leap out of my chest any moment.

With this embarrassing enlightenment, I've resolved to ride my thunder daily or at least 5 times a week to achieve a distance of 15 kms daily without getting tired. All this by this year end, which gives me 3 months from now.

My today's trip was 1.5 kms each way, from my home to Girgaon chaupati and back. I'd to stop thrice during the entire ride to catch my breath and for my frenzied heart to normalize. After I was back home though, I couldn't even stand. I'd to lay down right on the floor! With a bit of relaxation, I a limbu pani, which brought me back to my senses.

Today's Performance: 1.5 kms each way, with three stops and total exhaustion on return.
Target for next week: Girgaon chaupati and back, non-stop, with probably a bit of exhaustion.

Lets see how I keep up. .

1 comment:

Vivek said...

buck up uncle....... keep pace with youngsters like me......haha

Haan yaar...... i feel we guys should start exercise regularly, even i get exhausted very quickly after a brisk walk these days...... imagine...... even me.......

cycle is too bachkunda for me..... think i will buy a motorbike... will ride 20 kms everyday on that, what say weight kuch toh kam hoga na..... if not mine, at least bike ka.......